Running a profitable Google Adwords campaign can be like holding a tiger by the tail. Doing it the way Google teaches you to do it, or even worse, letting them do it for you is financial suicide! Google trains its staff (who’ve never spent their own money on Adwords) and it’s Accredited Partners in a way that makes Google more money, not you.
There are a tonne of things you need to know about how to run Adwords profitably
1. Always start with exact match and group together small related keywords per Ad Group
2. Always use conversion tracking and make sure it’s on the right thank you page
3. Only move on the phrase, broad and modified broad match when you’ve got some converting keywords – this is where you will find your new GOLD keywords and this is what will inform all your future SEO to minimise your acquisition costs and maximise your profits.
4. Always use Accelerated traffic in the settings
5. Always bid super high at the beginning, then reduce over time to stay in top 1/2 positions. Remember, Google rewards relevancy and part of the way relevancy is measured is by your CTR – the higher it is at the beginning of a campaign, the lower your CPC will be.